Powered By Blogger

Friday 4 March 2011

Kor-Equestrian Co-curriculum at UniSZA

me with my horse tutor




Here I want to share with you all about my cocurriculum activities that held on every saturday.This semester I joined the Equestrian Co-curriculum because to me it's very new thing that I can learn with this co-curriculum such as mooring horses,grooming and ride the horse.

What is mooring horses?? I'm sure you are wondering what is mooring the horse right...
Ok, mooring horses is the first thing before we do anything with the horse because we have to take the horse to another place away from it stable to take a fresh air. So, after horses have take a fresh air they can more relax so it's easy for we to handle them because horse are very sensitive animal.We mooring the horse at tree or any place that solid enough because horse are very strong animal and have almost 80 percent of muscle in their body.That why we have to mooring them at the strong and solid object to avoid the pull the rope an ran away.....

Next,the grooming part....
grooming is the part that we treat horse like a king.There are many things that we have to do in grooming session.First,we bring the horse to grooming cage,then we tied the rope on the horse at wall to make them still steady because if  the horse keep on moving it will make us hard to grooming them.
             Firstly,we brush it body with special made for horses brush to remove dead skin,dusk,small stone,insect and many more.we do that to all part of horse including it face.Sometime,some horse are bit Itch or amused because sometime accidentally we brush their sensitive part. Then, we combing it tail and hair with special comb to make horses hair straight like do a re bonding treatment.

lastly, riding a horses is the most fearful mixed with excited feeling because the horse are little bit naughty and does not want to listen to their master. I am not have a chance to ride the horse yet because there are a lot of my friends to tries first so  i give to them. It's ok to me..because I'm happy if they are happy...

So, until here only my journal about Horses co curriculum and thanks to UniSZA because provide this kind of interesting and meaningful co - curriculum activities.
      

1 comment:

  1. Taking care of horses is not easy. It's expensive and hard at times, but in all it is very satisfying (if you really love your horses...:))

    ReplyDelete